HLR Lookup is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, the EU Privacy and Communications Directive and the General Data Protection Regulation). This includes information submitted voluntarily by you through a form or gathered automatically as you visit this website.
We understand the importance and significance of compliance to the General Data Protection Regulation.
Keeping our customers’ personal information secure is extremely important to us and we welcome the new directives, which have been introduced to further protect individuals from the misuse of their personal data.
We take several steps to follow strict procedures to ensure compliance.
Our aim is to be transparent in everything we do, especially with regards to your personal information. You can be confident we’ll always conform to the following points:
- We keep to a minimum the information we hold about you
- We use your data to provide our services to you, manage our relationships with you, meet our legal obligations, and improve our website
- We delete your data when it is no longer needed for the above
- Generally, we do not give your information to third parties, but there can be exceptions where this is necessary in order to use the features of our site
- When using our site, you have fair privacy rights, and we take your security seriously
- We are happy to answer your questions about the above; do get in touch if you’d like to discuss anything further
HLR Lookup collects and processes data about your usage of the HLR Lookup website, including:
- Account information you submit, such as your name, company details, and email address
- Services Metadata – When a user interacts with HLR Lookup, metadata is generated that provides additional information about the way users work. For example: HLR Lookup logs API requests, IP addresses, login attempts, credit changes, address changes, file uploads, batch processing and links you interact with
- Log Data – As with most websites and technology services delivered over the Internet, our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our websites or services, recording it in log files. This log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using the website or services, browser type and settings, the date and time the services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data
- Location Information – We receive information from you, your customer and other third-parties which helps us approximate your location. We may, for example, use an address submitted by you, or an IP address received from your browser or device to determine approximate location. HLR Lookup may also collect location information from devices in accordance with the consent process provided by your device
You are not under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide any customer data information as outlined above (collectively known as “information”), however certain information is collected automatically and, if some information is not provided we may be unable to provide the HLR Lookup service.
HLR Lookup uses information in furtherance of our legitimate interests in operating our services, websites and business. More specifically, HLR Lookup uses information:
- To provide, update, maintain and protect our Services, Websites and business. This includes use of Information to support delivery of the service, prevent or address service errors, security or technical issues, analyse and monitor usage, trends and other activities or at a user’s request
- As required by applicable law, legal process or regulation
- To communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments and questions. If you contact us, we may use your information to respond
- To develop and provide a better service and additional features. HLR Lookup aims to make the service as useful as possible for users. For example, we may improve functionality by using the information to help determine and rank the relevance of website data to a user; make services suggestions based on historical use and predictive models, identify organisational trends and insights, to customise a Services experience or create new productivity features and products
- To send emails and other communications. We may send you service, technical and other administrative emails, messages and other types of communications. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our services, our services offerings, and important service-related notices, such as security and stability notices. These communications are considered part of the services and you may not opt out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails about new product features, promotional communications or other news about HLR Lookup. These are marketing messages, which means you can control if you receive them
- For billing, account management and other administrative matters. HLR Lookup may need to contact you for invoicing, account management and similar reasons and we use account data to administer accounts and keep track of billing and payments
- To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse
HLR Lookup takes the security of your data very seriously. HLR Lookup works hard to protect information you provide, from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the information we collect, process and store, and the current state of technology. Given the nature of communications and information processing technology, HLR Lookup cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
A Cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic, or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Some Cookies used on this website are essential in order to enable you to navigate the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these Cookies, services you have asked for, such as a log-in section, customer account, billing or batch processing cannot be provided.
These Cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these Cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
Some Cookies used on this website allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features.
These Cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these Cookies collect may be anonymised, and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Please note: Some Cookies may be placed by third-party service providers, who perform some of these functions (or other services) for us. Cookies are used on this website for the following third-party services: Google Analytics, LinkedIn Follow button, Facebook Like Button, Twitter Follow button, Google +1 button, YouTube videos. Some of these services may be used to track your behaviour on other websites and we have no control over this.
By continuing to use this website without adjusting your browser’s Cookie settings, you agree that we can place these cookies on your device.
HLR Lookup will retain customer personal data in accordance with a customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and Customer’s use of Services functionality, and as required by applicable law. Depending on the services plan, customers may be able to customise their retention settings. The deletion of customer data and other use of the services by the customer may result in the deletion and/or de-identification of certain associated information.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Subject Access Request:
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998.If you would like a copy of the information we hold about you, please write to HLR Lookup, Suite 7, Gledhow Valley Mansions, Roxholme Grove, Leeds, L77 4JJ
If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Data Protection Officer:
To communicate with our Data Protection Officer, please email email@example.com
Data Protection Authority
Subject to applicable law, you also have the right to (i) restrict HLR Lookup’s use of other information that constitutes your personal data and (ii) lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority or the UK Information Commissioner’s Office, which is HLR Lookup’s lead supervisory authority in the European Union. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area and believe we maintain your personal data within the scope of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may direct questions or complaints to our lead supervisory authority Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.