Personalise Account Settings
The following parameters can be found on your Account Settings page. Here’s what they do and how they can help you get the most from your account.
Contact Details and your VAT number
To change any of these details login to your account and click on Account Settings.
The Email Address you provide is used when you log into your account and also for any email alerts you may have set up.
If you have a company VAT number it is important you provide us this before purchasing credits. You should enter this in the “VAT Number (optional)” field and we will use this information to calculate if you should be charged VAT.
Users located outside of the UK but within the European Union are strongly advised to provide us with their EU VAT number (if applicable) before purchasing credits through their account.
We will use this information to ensure VAT is correctly accounted for when invoicing.
You can configure your account to send you an email alert once your credit has dropped below the Credit Alert Level you have set.
For example if you would like to receive an alert when you have 1000 credits left you should set your alert level to 1001.
- Login to your account
- On the Account Drop-down click Settings
- Look for the Credit Alert check box
- Tick the Credit Alert box. This will activate credit alerts for your account
- Decide on the level of credits you want to allow your account to get down to before you receive a credit alert email letting you know you have dropped below your chosen level . Enter this number into the Credit Alert Level field
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and hit SAVE
For an explanation on what our caching system is please see our Cache Pages.
Here, you can set your Personal, Global and Save to Global Caching options and these will be used every time you upload a file or use the API.
To configure your Cache Settings, login to your account, click on the ACCOUNT Drop-down and choose SETTINGS.
When using the API you can override your default parameters by adding the Cache parameters to your API request. If no parameters are set in your API request we’ll use the default settings you have saved here.
CSV Generation Output
If you want to change what you see in your results files you can do so here.
You can edit your column names and add or remove fields to ensure you only see the results you need.
Generating your own CSV output format can be done in 4 easy steps:
- Select the column you want to add by clicking on it
- Change the name of the column header if desired
- Click Add
- Use the Up or Down buttons to re-order your columns